Thursday, March 10, 2005

back to form

Okay, everyone, here I am again. No more experiments, no more coopting sources for my own amusement, no more wicked lame posts involving farts. I aplogize. Don't know what I was thinking.

Let's see. Yes, between work and sleep, I have watched some tv.

I am just about to get to another episode of American Dreams. Now I'm not sure if I've mentioned this or not but even if I have it warrants another mention anyway. I have heard that it might be possible that this show is going to be canceled and I have to tell everyone - yes, everyone - how wrong I think this is. Sure the show stumbles occasionally and sure that Will can be annoying and does anyone really need more Milo Ventimiglia but that is not the whole of the show. The way it portrays a family's problems. The way it makes daily interactions between friends, boyfriends and girlfriends, husbands and wives, business partners and mixes in racial issues, politics, current events and - and not least - pop music via American Bandstand makes the show stand out among a lot of the tired rehashes that populate our schedule these days. If you're not watching this show, you should be.

I am in love with Third Watch (more precisely the women of Third Watch and even more precisely Nia Long although that's no big surprise). But aIso love the way this show hooks you in. I hate Sgt. Cruz but I want to know what she's dying of. That Bosco. How can he ask Faith to do that? And Carlos. Carlos, Carlos, Carlos. When will he learn? And will Ty find out about the baby? I'm riveted. And I love it.

Every episode of Joey I watch makes me like the show more. But could Matt LeBlanc stop making that face where it looks like a.) he is about to poo; or b.) he just ate something very bad; or c.) both? I think everyone knows Joey's (Matt's, whatever) best comedic talent is to take a normal situation and find the absurd in it and at the same time maintain a sweetness that makes you not feel sorry for him but want to explain how that's just not the important part.

I'll write more later. This will be a multi-part post. Multi-part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home