Thursday, January 13, 2005

Nothing to Say

I keep looking at the list of my posts thinking to myself, "Self, it sure has been a while since you've posted anything." So here's a post.

I've been trying to get all caught up with my TV watching before class starts again next week.

Somehow I've missed a couple of episodes of some of my favorite shows. I missed what looked like a good episode of "life as we know it" and I feel like I've missed episodes of a few other things but that's probably just me being overly worried. Stupid midseason slump. I always feel like there's stuff I'm missing but I think it might just be the new shows taking their places and the other stuff will come back soon.

Anyway, I've seen the first couple of episodes of Medium and I like it. But that might just be the Patricia Arquette part talking. I read an article on the wire today that said that the most interesting thing about Medium is how it compares unfavorably with NUMB3RS, a new show coming to CBS later this month. I'm not sure how much I buy that though since their argument was that it was an even more in-depth look into the science that makes CSI's Gil Grissom so fascniating, which is the opposite of how I feel about that show.

I've also caught the first few episodes of Committed which is definitely not good television and I don't see it getting any better. The two main characters and the male buddy character (one of the guys from that Urkel show) are good. There is a weird story line involving one of the guys from the Bob Newhart show (the handyman) and Bob Newhart even had a little cameo guest spot in the first episode (how do they do it?). And the girl who married Melissa Etheridge plays the nanny who lives across the hall from the female lead character. But the show itself is simply not very funny. The heavy-handed laugh track takes away from the jokes that are funny and punctuates the ones that fall flat. Even with a complete overhaul, I think it would be hard to put this show back on track.

I was VERY disappointed to hear that the WB has cancelled The Mountain. And just when I was getting inappropriately attached to the women on the show (especially Maria (= foxy)). *sigh* Hopefully Anson Mount and Oliver Hudson can find new places to hang their hats and hopefully it won't be anywhere near Mitch Pileggi. But as soon as we can bring any of the girls from that show back to television television will be a better place.

And the hardest part to believe about this move is that North Shore is still on on Fox. The only good story line on this show is the Frankie/Tessa (who really should come back to The O.C. - double duty anyone?) part which is almost solely based around the fact that Tessa is so HOT. But has anyone else noticed that funny "divot" on her nose?

My guilty-pleasure reality show (which quite frankly has sucked a little this year) High School Reunion is ending after this week's final episode and I must admit I'm saddened by this. Gianni and Loretta are a bit more loosely together than you might have predicted and while Nikol has trashed the heart of an (I'm sure) now-bitter Eze, she does seem happy to be back with Jim (even though I'm sure that's not really going to last too long). And I can't seem to get into the romance between bad-boy Brien and Torrie despite her impressive assets. But this episode is the prom and no matter what else happens, it'll be fun to see.

I'm a couple of episodes behind on Lost now and I have to admit I'm a bit homesick for my deserted-island clan. I'll probably do back to back watchings tonight so I'm sure I'll be back with more unadulterated praise for the only J.J. Abrams show I like.

Anyway, this has gone on long enough and now I'll say good-bye. Until next time folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home