Wednesday, January 19, 2005

A feeling of vague disappointment

I can tell it's the middle of winter because it's freezing outside (it's been hovering in the single digits for a couple of days now) and I'm growing dissatisfied by television. I've noticed this for the past couple of years and am finding it difficult to deal with because I love tv so much.

For instance, I watched last week's ER the other night and while it was a good episode, it wasn't as riveting as the previews had made it seem and I was left, at the end, with this less-than-fresh feeling. It just didn't do it for me. Now, I'm not sure that this malaise can be accredited to a just slightly less-than-stellar episode (very little Carter, too much of Weaver being involved in the episode but not actually in the episode, Camille Winbush (Bernie Mac) as the girl who was accidently shot and was incredibly whiny) or the winter blahs. It's hard to tell.

I'm also not nearly as excited for shows on a week-to-week basis. The finale of High School Reunion (my personal guilty pleasure) was last night and I still haven't watched it. I think the second wave of the 2004-2005 television season (Point Pleasant, NUMB3RS, etc.) need to get under way for me to really feel like things are back to normal.

I've recently switched to Oxford Networks cable and aside from having to figure out which channel is which all over again, I'm super happy with it. Hello to you all, VH1Classic, Turner Classic Movies and Outdoor Life Network. It's got this cool little box that glows blue on all the TVs around the house and if they would get some kind of DVR thing going, I'd be the happiest man on Earth.

I'm out of time now so I'm going to cut this short but I'll be back soon with more details into my heavily-involved television watching habit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home