Sunday, February 13, 2005

It sure has been a while

Okay, I had all this good stuff to get through and now I have to remember what I was saying since my computer froze.

Let's see.

I finally made it to February - at least according to my TV watching. Let me be the last to welcome Lane back to Stars Hollow. She's been missing from Gilmore Girls for a while now. Now, I know this is a particular touchy rant for my favorite on-line columnist, TVGal, but it's necessary to mention. I also want to say hello to Lorelei's new 'do. So curly, bouncy and fun. It made her even cuter, if that's really possible. I also am pleading with network writers to do what they can to make the drama on dramas a little less drama-y. These people will get all bent at the drop of a hat. If someone was that touchy, what would make anyone stick around and care? Take One Tree Hill for instance. As strange as I thought it was when Nathan and Haley got married, I'm rooting for them now and then Haley's sister shows up. This tramp's little secret is that she was Nathan's first. You know, FIRST. Anyway, Haley knows that Nathan was getting around before he hooked up with Haley but she still gets all bent when he tells her. But that's just the beginning. You've got to watch it to believe it. And as trite as the show has become, I'll never give it up. Putting Moira Kelly on TV is never bad. Giving Craig Scheffer a good guy role is a stroke of genius. Letting that douchebag who screwed over Steve Sanders at the KEG house and was such a dick to Kelly Taylor when she rebuffed his advances back on TV might have been a mistake since he seems really one dimensional. And is still a HUGE asshole (at least in character).

Okay. Here's what I read on the AP wire the other day. And it got me thinking. I mean, I like those songs but I'm not sure they're my FAVORITES. But let's see. And let's hear what you think. Write in.

My Top 10 (at least what immediately comes to mind in no particular order - at all)

1. If You Want Blood, You've Got It - AC/DC
2. White Wedding - Billy Idol
3. Your Time Is Gonna Come - Led Zeppelin
4. Whipping Post - The Allman Brothers Band
5. Refugee - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
6. N.I.B. - Black Sabbath
7. Don't Get Me Busted - The Donnas
8. Chinese Rock - The Ramones
9. Midnight Rambler - The Rolling Stones
10. La Grange - ZZ Top

He's not gonna take it.
Dee Snider, Twisted Sister frontman and five-nights-a-week deejay on Philadelphia radio station WMMR-FM, was less than impressed when he heard what listeners of a British radio station decided were the Top 10 rock songs of all time.
The poll by British station Planet Rock got worldwide media coverage.
"It was getting picked up all over the world as gospel," said Snider, who's known almost as much for his onstage profanity as for his music. "I said, "What are we, wood? Why should we have to sit here and be subjected to some arbitrary ... list out of England?" (You can guess what the ellipses were.) "Let's subject them to my arbitrary ... list."
So he did. WMMR conducted an online poll for several months, and came up with a list long on Metallica and AC/DC, with classic rock and grunge mixed in. "It's a little harder, a little edgier," Snider said.

The Planet Rock List:
1. "Stairway To Heaven" Led Zeppelin
2. "Freebird" Lynyrd Skynyrd
3. "Bohemian Rhapsody" Queen
4. "Smoke On The Water" Deep Purple
5. "Paranoid" Black Sabbath
6. "Whole Lotta Love" Led Zeppelin
7. "Hotel California" The Eagles
8. "Rock And Roll" Led Zeppelin
9. "Highway To Hell" AC/DC
10. "All Along The Watchtower" Jimi Hendrix

The Dee Snider list:
1. "Stairway To Heaven" Led Zeppelin
2. "Back In Black" AC/DC
3. "One" Metallica
4. "Freebird" Lynyrd Skynyrd
5. "Sweet Child Of Mine" Guns 'N' Roses
6. "Enter Sandman" Metallica
7. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" Nirvana
8. "For Those About To Rock" AC/DC
9. "Bohemian Rhapsody" Queen
10. "Gimme Shelter" The Rolling Stones

For the record, no Twisted Sister songs cracked the WMMR top 10, although "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock" came in at numbers 21 and 22 respectively.
"The fix is in. I'm on the radio every night," Snider said with a laugh. "I wasn't pushing it, but, you know..."

I was surfing blogs the other night found a link to this Web site (http://www.wxplotter.com/ft_nq.php?im). It's hilarious. Apparently I'm only 4% nerd. I would have thought that would be higher.

The other thing I've noticed is that, according to the blogger.com homepage, the rules for commenting have been changed and you no longer have to register to leave comments. Nor do I have to change my preferences to allow you to leave comments as an unregistered user (sorry, Pat & Meaghan - man, if you wanna see a cute baby check out the Woodford South link on the side of this page). So, I'm expecting an enormous amount of commenting especially since I'm sending an e-mail to you all so you'll know I've finally made an entry again.

So, in the words of Ali G, check it, foo'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home