Monday, December 13, 2004

so naive

So, today, during one of what can only be described as many study breaks, I watched the episode of The O.C. from two weeks ago.

Full-time job + two college classes at a campus two hours from home = not nearly enough time to watch tv. As most of my friends know, since I work at night, I tape almost everything on television (three vcr's running nearly every night, thank you - and as a sidebar, if anyone from TiVo or one of the other DVR companies is looking to give stuff away, sign me up). Right now there are 12 full 6 hour tapes sitting next to my television waiting for me to watch them. I'll get to them, I know I will.

But now, back to my point. So, I'm watching The O.C. (and while I'm in agreement with TV Gal about the show letting up on the inside jokes - a LOT - and that the best Seth line was the one about Ryan liking long walks on the beach, punching people and not smiling) and I SOOOO did not see the Seth/Alex chemistry coming. Like I said, I'm a little naive. And she's cute. So, when the whole asking out portion of the show came along (how great was Ryan's double-take in the club?) I was just like "Whoa!" But now that it happened I think it's great. Or it could be great. Somehow that show always makes the chase so much better than the actual relationships. Like when Seth and Summer finally got together, the only really great part was when they were trying to have and having sex. That was funny.

So my point is, finally, that while I was really rooting for Seth and Summer to get back together at the same time I was getting really tired of the runaround the show was giving me and now that Seth is happy (ice cream nightcaps anyone?), I am happy.

Now, if they could only find away to remove Julie and Caleb from the show I'd be ecstatic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home