Monday, November 15, 2004

if there was a hump, this'd be it

So, we're about halfway through the TV season and I thought this would be a good time to chart our progress.

So far only two shows, dr. vegas (yes, all small letters) and Clubhouse, have been canceled. I would have thought there'd have been more. dr. vegas was Rob Lowe's foray back into television - again. I thought his show from last year, Lyon's Den, was good. At least a lot better than this one. And this one also had the Joey Patoliano curse attached to it. So, it wasn't really a big surprise that it got the axe. Clubhouse with Dean Cain and Mare Winningham who was also in the short-lived "Brotherhood of Poland, N.H.," last year and was, of course, the girl who couldn't let Rob Lowe go in "St. Elmo's Fire" and Kirsten Storms who some may know from Disney's Zenon movies was pretty good but mostly for those latter two people and not for Dean Cain, Christopher Lloyd or the boy who was the center of the show. Either way, I guess it's no big loss because I'm sure both of those actresses will be back on TV soon enough.

I am still in love with Lost as my top favorite new show of the season. If you haven't seen this yet, I'd recommend sitting down and watching whatever you can. It's well worth it.

The O.C. is back. I swear Rachel Bilson just gets cuter and cuter. I really want Seth and Summer to get back together. I think she's being a bit dramatic about the whole thing. And the more I see of Julie Cooper the less I care what happens with that part of the show. And am I the only one who is having a hard time seperating Haley from Tessa (The O.C. versus North Shore)?

American Dreams is still one of my favorite shows on television. The story lines just keep getting better and the music is definitely a high-point in the show. And I think I'm secretly in love with the girl who plays Roxanne.

I don't care how lame Joey gets, it's still going to be a show that I will sacrifice nearly everything to tape.

Desperate Housewives is definitely worth catching too. If not only for Teri Hatcher and Eva Longoria looking like they do but also for Marcia Cross and Felicity Huffman acting as well as they do. Not that Teri Hatcher and Eva Longoria are bad, they're not. The whole show is solid.

I know this hasn't been the most informative thing ever but seriously, if you love tv or just like to watch it a little all of these are worth your time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home