Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Somewhere Between 16 and 20 Tapes

I've had this number on top of my TV now for about 3 months and the piles don't seem to be getting much smaller. Between it being summer and not working at night any longer (at least not exclusively at night anyway) and a few other intangibles (like Jill being my room mate now, for instance), I'm simply not watching as much TV as I would like to be watching. I still squeeze some in but I can't seem to make a noticeable dent in the piles of tapes on top of my TV. So, what follows is like TV reviews if you're like a month behind on TV (like me).

I've started watching that new Jenny McCarthy show on UPN and while most of the jokes are decidedly chick oriented, I still think Miss McCarthy is a credible comedy actress. Albeit, one with very feathered hair. She has impeccable timing and even when the lingo is a bit hip for a conventional joke she pulls them off. This show is definitely worth watching if you happen to be right there anyway.

Beauty and the Geek is not that good. I already want to kill that Richard guy. And the girls are nothing all that special either. Especially since they throw the nice ones out early.

Cuts with Shannon Elizabeth is definitely the worst show I've seen in a long time. Bad (and I mean truly awful) jokes don't help the already flawed premise of putting this show out to begin with.

I've been taping but still haven't seen The Closer (TNT), 30 Days (FX), Rock Star; INXS (Fox, I think), the new season of Rescue Me (FX), the new season of The 4400 (USA, I think) and the new season of Monk (USA). I did catch the first episode of The Inside and thought it was a bit murky and a little hard to pick up the back story on but still pretty good.

I'm hoping to get in some quality time with the idiot box sometime in the next week, so until then, this will have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home