Saturday, September 25, 2004

more and more

So, I get home last night and I settle in to watch the season premiere of ER, which I was very excited about. I'm sitting there watching it and I'm liking it but as the show goes on certain aspects start to drag my impression of the show down and down.

1. So there's the big car accident (and how cool is it that Pratt's got the hemi car), but how is the "third guy" (Elgin) the only one who dies? Even when Jing Mei was shot?

2. I'm so glad they wrapped up the Weaver child custody story (even though it was in the most ridiculous manner ever considering the amount of time they spent on it last season).

3. I love the Kovac/Sam story line (that's sarcasm if you can't tell). First she (predictably) runs away, then her son, Alex, calls Kovac and he comes running and makes the "you can trust me" argument. As much as I love Linda Cardellini (and I do love her, Freaks and Geeks please), she has the worst story line on the show.

4. Except maybe Morris (Scott Grimes) who is THE most annoying character on the show. Hands down. I can't wait until he kills someone in the ER and they make an example of him.

5. After a summer of reading TVgal columns and hearing about how much everyone hates the Kem/Carter romance (which, had taken a huge turn for the worse with her miscarriage, but that's usually the stuff this show pulls off nicely - like the Weaver child custody thing that they mishandled as well - maybe it's a theme?), I was kind of happy to see her leaving. As sad as I am to see Thandie Newton leave the show.

All in all I was unimpressed with the show as a whole. Here's to hoping it picks back up. After 10 seasons, you'd think they'd know all the tricks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home